At American Dream Builders, we don't have a list of standard features, but a list of items that we put in the majority of the houses we build. We are custom home builders, so you truly pick the features you want on the inside and outside of your home. If you're not quite sure how to proceed with features, we will gladly assist you with your selections.
Common features found in our homes:
- All necessary local building permits, including sewer connection fees where applicable. Survey the site and stake out house on lot. Excavation including stripping of topsoil, digging and backfilling of foundation and spreading of topsoil, using existing soil at site. Silt fence around perimeter as needed.
- 8” thick, 8’ high or 10'' thick, 9' high poured foundation wall with pilaster supports where needed. 1” foam on exterior of foundation
- Stone backfill in basement and sand backfill in garage and front stoop based on 4’ frost wall depth. Concrete basement and garage floor, 1600 square feet of concrete drive and service walk.
- Double four vinyl siding or 8'' LP factory finished smart siding with 4” LP factory finished Smart Trim around all windows and exterior doors, aluminum fascia and soffit, aluminum seamless gutters and downspouts, dimensional shingles with continuous ridge venting and ice and water shield in all valleys and the first three feet up the roof
- R-25 blown in blanket insulation in exterior walls, 3” closed cell foam in box joists in the basement, R-50 blown insulation in the house ceiling. All mechanical openings are sealed with caulk or foam.
- Anderson 100 Series fibrex white windows with collapsible handles and patio door with insect screens. Insulated steel raised panel overhead garage doors with garage door openers and remotes
- Drywall with orange peel texture, primer and one coat of white paint sprayed and rolled on the ceilings and closets and one coat of colored paint sprayed and rolled on the interior walls (one color only)
- Heat N’ Glo 6000C or Cosmo 42 gas direct vent fireplace with fan. Stained or painted wood fireplace mantle. Allowance for floor to ceiling stacked stone surrounding fireplace.
- Allowance towards custom built cabinets or manufactured box cabinets in buyers choice of wood species and door style. Allowance towards laminate, granite or quartz countertops throughout. Installation of owner provided cabinet hardware is included.
- Floor covering allowance is based on homeowner selections, but is typically based on Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) in the foyer, living room, kitchen and dinette, and tile in back hall, laundry and bathrooms. Tile backsplash allowance for kitchen countertops. Tiled walk-in showers applicable.
- Allowance towards Western or Therma-Tru exterior doors
- Choice of 2, 4 or 6 panel painted interior doors with 3 ¼” colonial casing and 4 ¼” colonial base or 3 panel mission style doors with 3 ½” straight casing and 4 ¼” straight base. All interior doors are solid core on bedrooms, bathrooms and laundry room and hollow core on all closet doors. White melamine shelving in all bedroom closets, linen closets and walk in pantry. Schlage brushed nickel or oil rubbed bronze leverset door handles with privacy locks on all bedrooms and bathrooms and passage leversets on all other doors. Front door and garage service door will be keyed handles keyed the same.
- 11 7/8” I-joists with ¾” tongue and groove floor system, 2x6 exterior house walls with ½” OSB sheathing and Tyvek house wrap on exterior house walls, Tyvek flex wrap and Tyvek tape around all windows and exterior doors
- Plumbing hookups for first floor laundry and laundry sink where applicable, garage floor drain, two outside frostproof faucets, 50 gallon power vented natural gas water heater, ice maker line to refrigerator, dishwasher hookup, garbage disposal, 3” passive radon vent, and a submersible sump pump. Allowance towards owner selected fixtures and faucets including your choice of Kohler or Moen products.
- 200 amp electric service, decora light switches, TV wiring for living room and bedrooms, recessed lights in kitchen and living room on dimmer switches, recessed light over staircase and fireplace, recessed light over master bath shower, wiring for ceiling fan in living room and bedrooms, quiet bath fans, wiring for wall mounted vanity lights and exterior coach lights, wiring for ceiling mounted foyer light, hallway lights, laundry room lights. Porcelain light bases with bulbs in unfinished areas of lower level and garage. Three garage outlets and two weatherproofed outside outlets. One carbon monoxide/smoke detector on each floor and smoke detectors in and just outside each bedroom, hard wired and interconnected. Allowance for home owner selected light fixtures
- Carrier 95% efficient single stage, two zone system with a Honeywell programmable thermostat in the lower level and one wifi digital thermostat on the first floor. 13 SEER Carrier air conditioner with pad. All bath fans vent to the outside, as well as the microhood or hood fan.
- Home goes through an energy efficiency and insulation testing process and upon completion is certified by Focus on Energy. One year warranty against any defects in workmanship and all manufacturer warranties are available to the homeowner.